MARY RUTH SMITH HAMILTON
(May 11, 1932 - September 2, 1986)
This is a recipe my mom made, Ben's mom makes and I now make. It is Ben's ULTIMATE FAVORITE DESSERT! I like to make it in a Trifle Bowl (as seen above) or in Parfait Glasses.
- 1 - 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 1 lg. container Whipping Cream (2 cups)
- Vanilla Wafers
- 3-6 Bananas (ripe, sliced)
- Buy Bananas a few days before, let sit out or put in brown paper bag to ripen
- Day of mixing – put metal mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 20-30 minutes
- For presentation use a clear glass bowl, like a Trifle bowl or parfait glasses
- Gets better the longer it sits.
In large bowl combine condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix and beat well. Chill 5 minutes. Whip whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into pudding, gently. Spoon 1 cup in bottom. Top with a layer of wafers, banana and pudding. Repeat 2-3 times. Chill for minimum of 3 hours or overnight.